The Word of Light

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Word of Light

Biblical Commentary

Introduction to Matthew

JamieTankersley
    Admin

Introduction to Matthew Empty Introduction to Matthew

Post by JamieTankersley

Click the Title Above to See Full Post

The Gospel of Jesus Christ written by Matthew is the first chronological book of The New Testament. The book's author is commonly considered to have been written by the Disciple Matthew who by trade was a "Publican" or a Roman tax collector despised by the people for being an extortioner...The Gospel Written By Luke  5: 27. And after these things he went forth, and saw a publican, named Levi, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he said unto him, Follow me. 28. And he left all, rose up, and followed him.

The central purpose or theme of the book is to show that Jesus Christ is the Messiah prophesied by the Old Testament Prophets sent to redeem the world...Malachi Chapter 3 1. Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:53 pm